A Guide to Lamps & Bulbs
A comprehensive range of LED lamps suitable for a wide range of applications, Energy saving with a lamp life up to 50,000 hours.
- HI POWER MR11 - MR16 RETROFIT - Hi powered LED retrofit MR11 and MR16 lamp for energy saving and 30,000 hours life.
- HI POWER GU10 RETROFIT Hi powered LED retrofit GU10 lamp for energy saving and 30,000 hours life.
- MULTI LED GU10 RETROFIT - LED GU10 retrofit lamp containing 21 LED’s extremely low power consumption, with a lamp life of 50,000 hours and almost no heat output.
- MULTI LED PAR RETROFIT - LED PAR retrofit lamps containing multi LED’s extremely low power consumption, with a lamp life of 50,000 hours and almost no heat output.
- MULTI LED DOUBLE ENDED TUBULAR RETROfit - LED double ended tubular retrofit lamp extremely low power consumption, with a lamp life of 30,000 hours and almost no heat output.
Compact fluorescent lamps offer the energy savings of linear fluorescent lamps in shapes and sizes similar to standard incandescents, all combined with the additional benefits of high output, high efficiency, and excellent colour rendering. The products in this section are subject to WEEE regulations.
- MINI SPIRAL - A Selection of energy efficient alternatives to a variety of everyday lamp types.
- SPIRAL - Energy efficient replacement lamp for GU10 fittings.
- CC - Energy efficient compact fluorescent lamp widely used with slim profile decorative and tough exterior luminaires.
- SINGLE TURN S TYPE - Compact fluorescent lamps commonly used in downlighters and bulkhead fixtures, offering similar light outputs to standard GLS lamps but using less energy and lasting longer.
- SINGLE TURN L TYPE - Compact fluorescent lamps with the equivalent light output to linear fluorescent lamps.
- DOUBLE TURN D TYPE - Compact fluorescent lamps commonly used in downlighters and bulkhead fixtures, offering similar light outputs to standard GLS lamps but using less energy and lasting longer.
- DOUBLE TURN D/E TYPE - Compact fluorescent lamps commonly used in downlighters and bulkhead fixtures, offering similar light outputs to standard GLS lamps but using less energy and lasting longer.
- TRIPLE TURN T/E TYPE - Compact fluorescent lamps commonly used in downlighters and bulkhead fixtures, offering similar light outputs to standard GLS lamps but using less energy and lasting longer.
LOW VOLTAGE HALOGEN
Low voltage halogen lamps provide crisp white light, accurate beam control and high light output and are widely used commercially for display lighting and highlighting features. With the additional benefits of long life and energy efficiency, low voltage halogen also provides an excellent alternative to incandescent for accent lighting in residential applications.
- CAPSULE - Halogen capsule lamps are used in display and accent light fixtures providing an extremely compact light source. They are made from UV stop glass, removing the need for additional UV protection.
- DICHROIC - Standard - Halogen dichroic lamps giving high output illumination, precision distribution and long life.
- DICHROIC SPECIALS - Halogen dichroic colour Pro lamps for constant light output and performance throughout life. Halogen dichroic coloured lamps with a choice of colours to enhance application colour schemes. Colours are created by glass layered filters, not to be confused with cheaper colour sprayed lamps.
- AR111 - Aluminium reflector for better beam control, metal cap over the filament to avoid direct glare.
MAINS VOLTAGE HALOGEN
Mains voltage halogen lamps offer the crisp white light and accurate beam control of their low voltage equivalents but without the need for a transformer, ideal for domestic and residential applications.
- HALOGEN CAPSULE - Halogen capsule lamps are used in display and accent light fixtures providing an extremely compact light source. They are made from UV stop glass, removing the need for additional UV protection.
- HALOGEN PAR - STANDARD - A modern alternative for traditional incandescent reflector lamps, providing a clean, crisp appearance and increased light output, with the added benefits of a low voltage dichroic but without the need for transformers.
- HALOGEN PAR - COLOURED - Coloured mains voltage halogen PAR lamps with the crisp appearance of a low voltage dichroic without the need for transformers, available in a choice of colours to enhance décor or highlight features. The colours created are by use of glass layered filters, not to be confused with cheaper colour sprayed lamps.
- LINEAR HALOGEN - Linear tungsten halogen lamps offer excellent lumen maintenance, instant illumination and high colour rendition and are widely used in display lighting, uplighters and floodlights.
The use of fluorescent lamps in commercial and domestic applications offer significant energy savings over traditional incandescent lamps with the additional benefit of higher light output, superior light quality and longer life.
- T5 TRIPHOSPHOR - At only 16mm diameter, the T5 linear fluorescent range is used in slim luminaires and fixtures and is available in High Efficiency (HE) for maximum energy saving or High Output (HO) for maximum lumen output.
- T5 MINIATURE HALOPHOSPHATE - T5 linear fluorescent tubes in lower wattages for use in emergency luminaires, furniture fixtures, pelmet lighting and display cabinets.
- T8 TRIPHOSPHOR - A comprehensive range of 26mm diameter Triphosphor fluorescent tubes providing excellent colour rendering, high output and extended life.
- T8 HALOPHOSPHATE - A extensive range of 26mm diameter Halophosphate fluorescent tubes offering energy efficiency and value for money.
- T12 HALOPHOSPHATE - A extensive range of 38mm diameter Halophosphate fluorescent tubes offering energy efficiency and value for money.
- T9 CIRCULAR HALOPHOSPHATE - Circular Halophosphate fluorescent tubes with 29mm tube diameter for use with decorative luminaires, offering energy efficiency and value for money.
- STARTER SWITCHES - Glowstarters for fluorescent lamps, available for use with a variety of lamp wattages.
Crompton Lamps offer a carefully selected range of discharge lamps to suit today's most typical requirements such as retail, industry and floodlighting. Discharge lamps offer various levels of efficiency and colour rendition, so care must be taken when selecting the lamp to ensure the application requirements are met. The products in this section are subject to WEEE regulations.
- METAL HALIDE - CERAMIC - Ceramic metal halide lamps cater for the retail industry with their excellent colour stability through life and high efficacy.
- METAL HALIDE - SINGLE ENDED - Single ended metal halide lamps are widely used in downlights and small architectural floodlights.
- METAL HALIDE - DOUBLE ENDED - Double ended metal halide lamps are compact in size and shape making them ideal for downlights and small floodlights.
- METAL HALIDE - COLOURED - Metal Halide coloured lamps are suitable for outdoor floodlighting where special effects are required.
- METAL HALIDE - DUAL LAMPS (for enclosed luminaires) - Dual metal halide lamps give a white light and have high colour rendering ability. Tubular clear lamps are more commonly used in floodlighting applications, where as elliptical coated lamps give less glare and are more suited to industrial area lighting. These lamps are both Son and Mercury control gear compatible.
- METAL HALIDE - (for enclosed luminaires) - Metal halide lamps give a white light and have high colour rendering ability. Tubular clear lamps are more commonly used in floodlighting applications, where as elliptical coated lamps give less glare and are more suited to industrial area lighting.
- METAL HALIDE - ELLIPTICAL (for open luminaires) - Metal halide lamps give a white light and have high colour rendering ability. Elliptical coated lamps give less glare and are more suited to industrial area lighting.
- HIGH PRESSURE SODIUM (SON) - DOUBLE ENDED - Double ended high pressure sodium lamps are SON Super type and offer long life and high lumen maintenance. Their compact size make them ideal for small floodlight use.
- HIGH PRESSURE SODIUM (SON) - High pressure sodium lamps, usually referred to as SON lamps, give a golden white light and have a long life. They are suitable for use in industrial lighting, warehousing, streetlights and floodlights.
ELLIPTICAL & TUBULAR
- MERCURY (MBF) - Mercury lamps provide a pleasant white light with relatively good colour rendering, similar to that of a halophosphate white fluorescent tube. Their long life, low cost and reliability make them a popular choice for industrial interior lighting and lower wattage floodlights.
- LOW PRESSURE SODIUM (SOX) - Low pressure sodium lamps, more commonly known as SOX lamps, have the highest efficiency of all discharge lamps. Light provided is monochromatic orange/yellow, meaning they have poor colour rendering and most objects appear as various shades of grey. The primary use for SOX lamps is in street lighting.
Crompton GLS lamps are widely recognised as the market leader in quality, specification and choice. The range contains a choice of extended life, standard life and coloured lamps in 3 formats to suit a variety of internal and external applications.
- GLS TRIPLE LIFE PLUS - Long life GLS lamp, lasting over 3 times longer than a standard GLS, saving time spent on maintenance and reducing waste.
- GLS DOUBLE LIFE PLUS - Long life GLS lamp, lasting over twice as long as a standard GLS, saving time spent on maintenance and reducing waste.
- GLS STANDARD - High quality GLS lamp, available in a wide selection of wattages and cap types to suit a variety of everyday applications.
- GLS LOW VOLTAGE - High quality GLS lamp, available in a selection of wattages for running on 110v power supplies.
COLOURED LIGHT BULBS
Crompton coloured lamps have a heat resistant coating applied internally ensuring colour durability, unlike many externally coated lamps currently available. They provide strong bright colours and value for money for applications such as decorative garlands, christmas trees and other festive applications.
- HARLEQUIN - Harlequin lamps have a heat and water resistant translucent lacquer giving a bright sparkling appearance, ideal for decorative strings, Christmas trees, clubs, restaurants and other entertainment areas. Harlequin is rough service, vacuum constructed with a flake free coating.
- COLOURGLAZED - Colour glazed lamps provide strong vibrant colours as an alternative to the sparkling appearance of the Harlequin lamp. The coating is applied internally and will not wear away, which combined with the rough service vacuum construction to resist vibration, makes them ideal for outdoor applications where dirt and dust is encountered.
Crompton offer a variety of specialist lamps purposely designed and manufactured for specific tasks, from tough lamps for rough service use, through to Infra Red lamps for heating applications.
- ROUGH SERVICE - Crompton Rough Service lamps are vacuum lamps constructed with long filaments and multiple supports enabling them to resist shock or vibration. Typical applications are factories, workshops, inspection lamps and locations subject to heavy vibration.
- NIGHTLIGHT - The Crompton Nightlight lamp provides a subdued glow ideal for bedrooms, nurseries and hospitals with the added benefit of only 10w power consumption.
- CRAFTLIGHT - Designed for artistic activities such as painting or embroidery, the Crompton Craftlight lamp shows colours as nature intended by use of a special blue glass which absorbs the yellow part of the spectrum, giving a whiter light that closely simulates natural daylight and increasing the contrast between colours.
- MUSHROOM - An interesting and attractive shaped lamp enhanced with an opaque coating, which gives a pure white appearance, ideal for use where the lamp is visible or forms part of the luminaire design.
- FIREGLOW - Crompton Fire lamps are widely used in decorative feature fires. They are sprayed with a red fade resistant lacquer to maintain its decorative effect. For particularly hot conditions, colourglazed lamps are recommended.
- INFRA RED EXTENDED LIFE - Crompton's range of Infra Red lamps harnesses the large amounts of energy radiated by incandescent reflector lamps to provide an extremely useful lamp for heating in commercial or industrial applications. A ruby coloured glass version is also available for animal husbandry uses.
A comprehensive range of luxury lamps suitable for a wide range of decorative applications, all with double life operation and internal fusing as standard.
- CLASSIC CANDLE - The classical candle shape lamp, but with a comprehensive choice of luxury finishes, colours and sizes, for both prestigious and everyday applications.
- FLARED CANDLE - An eye-catching variation on standard candle lamps, with a distinctive and attractive flared tip. Ideal for fittings where the lamp is fully visible.
- FLICKER FLAME - A realistic and decorative flickering flame effect lamp suitable for creating a warm and inviting appearance in any location.
- TORCH FLAME - An exciting variation on twisted candle lamps to create a very distinctive impression for all types of applications.
- LANTERN FLAME - A distinctively sculptured lamp with a gold tint for an authentic flame appearance. Particularly suitable for enclosed exterior lanterns.
- CANDLESTICK - Designed for period interiors, a range of luxury frosted lamp and coloured lamps with a distinguished character.
- CHANDELIER - A delicately flared lamp specifically designed for multi-lamp chandeliers in prestigious locations. Optimises sparkle from cut glass decorations.
DECORATIVE LIGHTING Crompton Lamps offer a wide selection of incandescent lamps purposely designed to provide a decorative effect to an interior as a stand alone lamp or to work as part of a decorative luminaire.
- ROUND 45MM - Round lamps are often used when the lamp forms an integral part of the luminaire design. Colourglazed solid colour and Harlequin translucent colour finishes are available for applications requiring colour and effect.
- CANDLE TRIPLE LIFE - Crompton extended life candle lamps last 3 times longer than a standard candle lamp, ideal for applications where there is limited access for lamp replacement.
- CANDLE STANDARD - Crompton candle lamps are available in a range of cap types and finishes to suit a multitude of decorative luminaires. The use of clear candles is recommended when using clear glass luminaires or crystal chandeliers to achieve real sparkle.
- SIGN 28MM - Crompton Sign lamps are vacuum filled and are of rough service construction making them ideal for external use. With the option of Colourglazed or Harlequin finishes. Sign lamps are widely used for decorative applications requiring colour and sparkle.
- GLOBE 95MM - For a lamp which will look good with or without a shade, the Crompton Globe lamp is hard to beat. Popular applications are bedrooms or other areas where less glare from lamps are required, especially effective when dimmed for subtle effects.
- DOUBLE ENDED TUBULAR - Crompton 'DET' lamps are widely used for concealed lighting such as under shelves and clear types are often used in picture lighting. Over mirror or bed head applications prefer the opal finish for softer, reduced glare effect.
- ARCHITECTURAL - Architectural lamps are designed for interior lighting where a clean 'capless' look is required to complement the luminaire.
- Crompton Reflector lamps are clear market leaders, due to the quality, range and specification they provide, catering for applications such as disco or display lighting through to heating in commercial and industrial applications using Infra-red reflector lamps.
- PAR - Crompton PAR (Pressed Aluminium Reflector) - lamps are made from heat resistant boro-silicate glass with an accurately placed filament coil, highly reflective aluminium coating applied internally and a pressed glass face plate. This creates an excellent lamp for outdoor use and highlighting at long distances.
- REFLECTOR TRIPLE LIFE PLUS - Crompton Reflector lamps are available in triple life plus, lasting more than 3 times longer than a standard glass blown parabolic reflector lamp, ideal for applications where access is difficult or limited.
- REFLECTOR STANDARD - The Crompton glass blown parabolic reflector lamp range offers a comprehensive choice of envelope diameters, wattages and finishes to cater for the multitude of reflector lamp applications, from spotlighting and highlighting through to disco and display lighting.
- CROWN SILVERED - Crompton Crown Silvered lamps are most often used in shop window displays with reflector focus luminaires. The reflective aluminium coating applied to the top of the lamp throws light back into the luminaires parabolic reflector which can focus or spread light as required.